Friday 29 January 2010

First Post!


Hello Readers!

The countdown to SA 2010 has most definitely begun! There are officially 132 days to go before the tournament kicks off in sunny South Africa! You can expect to see some of the world's most talented footballers take to the stage in a bid to be crowned the world's best and lift that coveted trophy. As ever, the stakes are high with no less than 32 countries making an appearance and with over 2 million tickets having been sold already, the tournament looks set to be one to remember.

You would be forgiven for thinking that it may be a little too early to start writing about the tournament when it hasn't even begun yet, however there are so many issues to consider before the games can even begin. The purpose of this blog is to address those issues and reflect upon just how much preparation goes into organising the month long competition. This will no doubt make us appreciate it all the more as well as give an insight into what it may be like if England win the 2018 bid!

I plan to write about an issue a month concerning the upcoming tournament - be it on the venues, security, South Africa, the teams etc. I will also write about issues that seem relevant to the build up as and when they happen. This month, I wish to focus on the Angola attack and the important points that it raised..so look out for that post coming soon! I hope to add my own personal opinion on the topics I wish to talk about and I hope it makes for good reading!

Football is my number one passion in life. It has stuck with me from a very young age and without it, I would truly be lost in this big crazy world! I'm not going to bore you with the details of how much I love it and why - that would be pointless and take forever. Instead, I am hoping that my immense passion for the game will come through in the following posts which I intend to write. I, personally, cannot wait for SA 2010 and I hope that this blog will satisfy my impatience (and maybe your's) until it all begins!

1 comment: